If an organization is providing its own recovery site, it is going to require regular maintenance in order to match requirements of the site it’s supporting. As the original facility is likely to change and evolve over time, so must the recovery center. The following is a list of maintenance items to be performed in the given intervals:
- Executives need to determine if the BIA has materially changed in the past year.
- IT will need to validate that computer hardware is adequate as well as meets corporate standards.
- Telecom support team should reevaluate if the telecom arrangements need to be changed.
- Each department should review desktop requirements with the IT team to ensure that computers at the recovery site still meet the needs of employees.
- The IT team will need to verify that the software in the recovery units is adequately patched with bug fixes and security patches.
Aside from these annual and quarterly maintenance checks, there should also be periodical tours of the facility in order to make sure everything is well kept and will be fully functional any time disaster may strike.