A successful Business Continuity Program awareness effort can result in a greater company-wide support for the program. It can also reduce the reluctance of people to participate. Awareness is an ongoing process and is best conducted in a “here and there” manner. Keeping the message fresh and relevant helps to maintain interest from everyone. The following is a list of ways to build awareness:
- Success stories in company newsletters
- Success videos on company TVs
- Posters reminding key points
- Discussions with departments
- Dedicated quarterly newsletter with FAQ or Q&A
- Company wiki or online forum
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning can generate a lot of employee interest. Harnessing awareness for the benefit of the program can provide valuable support. The easiest way to encourage positive energy is through a steady flow of program information.