To continue our list on the points to consider when developing an Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Disaster Recovery Plan, we will begin from where we left off in a previous blog.
11. Investigate vendors and suppliers of critical infrastructure assets
12. Design new/update network infrastructure based on current/future needs
13. Develop and document response/recovery/restoration action steps; organize into formal action plan to deal with unplanned network incidents
14. Ensure that technical staff is trained in existing and new technologies as well as emergency procedures
15. Based on telecom continuity program outcomes, update policies and procedures for network management and security, change and patch management and other activities.
16. Promote awareness of the recovery program to staff
17. Organize and conduct exercise of new/update emergency plan; update plan content accordingly
18. Update documentation associated with network infrastructure emergency plan, as well as all appropriate technical documentation
19. Schedule exercises of telecom continuity program periodically
20. Maintain plan documentation, contact lists, escalation lists, databases and operational steps
We have covered 20 points that will help minimize the impact on the company if a disaster occurs. There are plenty of options available to protect networking assets, just remember, they should be accompanied with a good continuity plan and lots of common sense.