Today’s BCP planners must quickly assess, notify, activate and manage incidents in real time with access to up to date information from internal and external resources. The need for a comprehensive toolkit that will permit, us, as planners, to successfully lead an event with all the data and information at hand was a dream years ago but is now a reality. At MHA, crisis management planing is a core consulting service. We realized as a team, that we needed to move into the future today with a toolkit that would permit our clients to manage an event an exponentially higher level of capability.
In our search, we found a company and a comprehensive planning toolkit that is making this happen today. The eBRP Planning Suite is that tool and provides you with the ability to:
- Graphically map your key sites and all applicable news data feeds
- Receive real time notification of an event and news feeds for your defined locations
- Identify the sites, people, recovery plans, processes and systems directly and indirectly impacted by the event
- Electronically notify recovery teams as well as impacted personnel using a 3rd Emergency Notification System (ENS) integrated with the tool
- Transfer impacted asset information and recovery plans from its Recovery Plan repository to its Command Center component for immediate use
- Manage the event from the Command Center real time permitting logging of events, updating status and recovery progress
Remember, our corporate crisis management teams do not perform incident management on a daily basis. It is imperative we provide a toolkit that centralizes critical data, presents a concise snapshot of the event and permits the ability to seamlessly communicate internally and externally as well as manage the event real time from beginning to closure.
MHA has partnered with eBRP as we believe their product suite has and is taking the industry to a new level of capability today, not tomorrow. Will it take work to get you there, yes, but the toolkit is there today to make this a reality. To prove the capability of the “real time” e Incident Management (eIM)© capabilities of the tool, MHA and eBRP will leading live mock disaster exercises at BCP conferences and Association of Contingency Planner meetings across the country starting in Q4 of 2012. For more information visit MHA Consulting at www.mha-it.com or eBRP at www.ebrp.net.